Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Great Indoors Party! 

This weekend I had my birthday party (I am turning 12 this year!). The theme was "The Great Indoors."     : o) We played Wii and ate artificially-flavored gummy snacks and other indoors-y things.
For the desert, I made red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing with my mom (she only helped a little). The cupcakes were excellent. I loved them and so did my friends. The frosting was okay, but next time I will try buttercream. I found the recipe at allrecipes.com. You can find it here.

To frost the cupcakes, I used a frosting kit my grandparents gave me for Christmas. It has all the different tools you need to decorate baked goods. It was pretty simple to use and the cupcakes looked great. I added some sprinkles to jazz them up a bit. We put them on a cupcake tower and added a unicorno as a cupcake topper. Unicornos are awesome! Small figurines and action figures are great for topping cupcakes and cakes because they make the cake look special and can be coordinated with the colors of the cupcakes or cake. I did not make the pink cupcakes in this picture. These are gluten-free cupcakes I bought from our Co-op and were for my friend who doesn't eat gluten. I'm going to learn to do gluten-free baking next.

After dinner we all ate the cupcakes. This is a picture of me and my brother (he is wearing my mother's jacket for some strange reason. Probably because he is my brother and he is strange). :o)

Try these cupcakes!! They are delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment